January : Week 2 : Goodbye, Peach
Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- DR In My Own Experience: REAL BODY TALK (Steph Bruce)
- One week. How hard could it be? Stupid hard I bet. (Food52)
- And is it possible to drink and not drink? (Medium)
- Let’s just work on creating better eating habits (Shutterbean)
- Right after I eat these (Food52)
- Take more risks, even if you can’t predict the outcomes: My New Year’s Resolutions, Based On My Myers-Briggs Type (Man Repeller)
- The Best Skin-Care Trick Is Being Rich (Atlantic)
- Good read: The Itsy-Bitsy, Teenie-Weenie, Very Litigious Bikini (The New York Times)
- Now trending: Gout! (The Cut)
- How our housing choices make adult friendships more difficult (Vox)
- More/Less… A new page in the bullet journal! (A Cup Of Jo)
- Amazing: The Sidekick Notebook Conveniently Wraps Around a Keyboard, iPad, or Book (Design\Milk)
- Phew, I see Uma Thurman! (#21)… learning so much (Medium)
- So basically I just need to really master one dance move and apply to all songs, ENJOY. (Twitter)
- The case for bangs (The Cut)
- For some serious planning (Design\Milk)
- Beautiful person (The Seatle Times)
- The End. (Design*Sponge)
(Design*Sponge was the first blog I really got into. I am very sure I am not the only one who’s been inspired by Grace!)
Have a great weekend.
Remember last week when we all made resolutions and intentions? One of mine was: Photography: I am planning to take some time this year to learn more skills (lighting, styling, etc.) It’s been an intention for a few years but I need to stop thinking about it and start doing it.
Let’s see how long this one sticks.
January : Week 1 : Salad
For me, the best part of list-making is that I know I will not achieve everything but if I write it down or say it, it’s more likely to happen.
10 things I want to work on (but may not) in 2019
- Swimming: Once I’m in the water, I’m happy as a clam but mygawd it’s hard to get in. I know the benefits, I have a membership to a pool, my kid swims three days a week… I have no excuses.
- Self-acceptance: I’m going to get into this later but it’s something I need to work on. I have ideas, I just need the confidence to believe that I am capable.
- Barre: I fell in love with barre classes a few years ago but haven’t done it in ages. I should. I will. My aching body will thank me.
- Photography: I am planning to take some time this year to learn more skills (lighting, styling, etc.) It’s been an intention for a few years but I need to stop thinking about it and start doing it. (see #2)
- Entertaining: Who says it has to be fancy and involve several courses? I love having people over but it doesn’t happen enough. I’m thinking games nights or simple gatherings. Murder Mystery anyone?
- Hooking or pottery: Two somewhat newish things I discovered that brought me joy. I am not planning to hook 1000 pillows or become a professional potter but I need to focus on stuff like this.
- Cooking: I don’t love cooking because I want to be good at it, and I am not. I want to get more comfortable in the kitchen.
- Personal projects, like a website or whatever this space is: The woes of any self-employed person is they never put the time into their own projects. I need to organize my days better for this.
- Reading: I’m already pretty decent at this, I read a lot and I listen to a lot of audiobooks but I want to make it more of a priority.
- Gratitude: I have a lot of things to be grateful for but sometimes it’s hard to not dwell on the hardships. I need to remind myself of the good stuff. Make simple things more fun!
No pressure, but 2019 is kind of a big deal. It’s the end of a decade, the end of my thirties and I am approaching my #fortybeforeforty deadline with a long list of items to tackle so why not add more and make it fun!
Have a happy new year, make it a good one.
Closing off 2018 with a quick thank you and happy 2019!
Who knows where I am heading but it’s a new year and I am full of big intentions and goals… (stay tuned)
Here’s a list of the most viewed posts of 2018. Spoiler, “Let’s Taco Bout a Party” is still going strong for hits *???* does this mean we need to have another party? After all, I still have a few bottles of tequila.
- It’s Calendar Time
- Let’s Taco Bout A Party (2015!)
- Summer Starts Nowish (Year 5!)
- I Am An Early Morning Runner
- Regrets, I’ve Had A Few
- Wineglass Marathon Recap (2017)
- Top 10 Look-A-Mikes
- Meanwhile, Elsewhere: May 4
- 10 Words I’m Not Fine With
- 13 Reasons Why
Happy New Year!