Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- Not to brag, but I’ve watched all four (Vogue)
- AMEN! Self-Care Is Not An Indulgence. It’s A Discipline. (Forbes via Laura Richardson)
- The startup allows customers to pick a bathroom out of a catalog of options designed by interior designers, receive an instant quote, and have that exact bathroom installed within three weeks (Fast Company)
- Rediscovering My Daughter Through Instagram: Social media has been blamed for ruining our democracy, shortening our children’s attention spans and undermining the fabric of society. But through it, I was able to be with Paulina out in the world again, to see what she sees, to virtually stand beside her and witness the people and places she moves through, in nearly real time. Not in a parent-policing role, but in a wonderful-world sort of way. (NYT)
- “Is It Ever Okay,” Bon Appétit’s etiquette column: When bringing beer/wine to a friend’s dinner party: Who cares if the host drinks the wine, they can dump it on a campfire for all I care. The point is, you gotta bring the thing. And leave it. Goddammit, LEAVE IT.
- “YES, BITCH,” IT RUMBLES TO PASSERSBY, “I’M THAT SUITCASE”: I used all the best stuff for a week and it nearly broke me (VOX)
- “This is about stamina, and stamina is some combination of yes, strength, but also psychological will. It begs the question, is there something going on for women perhaps given our very long evolutionary history as mammals who spent a long time gestating and then giving birth, that gives us a psychological edge in extremely long-term endurance events?” (NYT)
- I am love with this ornament (A Beautiful Mess)
- Is Listening to a Book the Same Thing as Reading It? Each is best suited to different purposes, and neither is superior. (NYT)
- Oh man, as soon as I finish The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, I think I’ll quit (MEL Magazine)
- Yummy (Cookie + kate)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Acts Out (The New Yorker)
- Climate Change Is Stealing Our Children’s Futures. 15-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg addressed the UN plenary meeting at the COP24 climate talks in Poland. In it, she blasted world and business leaders for their political inaction on climate change, calling them immature (Kottke)
Have a great weekend! I hope my office party on Monday is THIS dreamy!