My friend wrote a post about Oprah’s Favorite Things. (Yah, I know you remember it; best show of the year although, I always felt sorry for the suckers who had tickets for the taping right before or right after that one.) … Anyway, Monique’s* post was about the ridiculous prices of some of Oprah’s favourite things and I have to agree! Then I got my weekly email from Goop featuring her annual gift guide which was equally nuts so I thought it’d be fun to do my own favourite things/wish list but keep all items under $50. I hope you enjoy and please let me know what your favourite things are… Especially if you are on my list!
- LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant ($17.00) Am I the only person who thinks about what product they’d endorse if they were a celebrity? Honestly, hands down, this is it for me. I am always on a quest to find products that do not test on animals but was having no luck in the deodorant department… until this. And in full disclosure, I sweat, but this still works. Guys, I even ran a marathon with this and I still smelled and looked like a million dollars at the end. Not really, but I love this stuff.
- 2014-2015 Kate Spade Large Planner Gold Dots ($36.00). Kate does no wrong. I am all about writing things down.
- Lululemon’s Run With Me Mittens ($32.00) I know the name imply you should run with them but I wear these all of the time cause they’re fancy.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer ($5.99) is always in my bag – makes your lips feel better with a punch of colour.
- Stella & Dot Piper Necklace ($34.00) would be lovely with a white tee and a party dress but probably not a white tee over a party dress.
- J.Crew Dangly Shooting Star earrings ($30.00). Lets hope just the earring dangle, not actual shooting starts. Take cover.
- Apple 2GB iPod Shuffle ($49.00) I guess this is my version of Oprah’s NEW CAR!!! I’ve been running with my phone but it’s kind of bulky plus the battery dies after 10km in the winter. I am also annoyed with Nike+ running apps recent update so I thought it’d be smart to us my Nike watch instead and still listen to music with this. Smart idea right? Must get me one.
- Chemex Six Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker ($41.40) makes great coffee and is super easy to clean. I adore this beauty.
- Makers Gonna Make Tee ($26.00) for my inner BFA.
- Rotera Lantern from Ikea ($3.99) I have a dozen of these from my wedding but they still hold up. Great for an outdoor party all year long!
- Body Glide For Her ($7.99) because chafing is no joke.
- North Brewing Company Summer Saison beer ($13.50) is so lovely even in the winter. The bottles are so nice you almost don’t want to return them for a refund.
- Lululemon Mula Bandhawear Bikini undies ($18.00) are comfortable. Enough said.
- Domino Magazine ($6.99) I would love a subscription to this magazine but it’s a little pricy… an occasional news stand purchase it always a treat.
- LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo ($13.95) is for the days you sweat but don’t have time to wash your hair. Don’t judge.
- My new favourite playlist is Taylor Swift, 1989 ($14.99). I was ten in 1989.
- Giant Swan Floatie ($35.18). You know, for floating down the Wallace River this summer.
- But First, Coffee – Hot Stuff Thermal Mug ($14.00). Tru’dat.
- Deborah Lippmann Dream Weaver nail polish ($20.00) Even in the winter, you should paint your toes and a dark colour masks black toes. Just sayin.
- Laundry Lines Tea Towel ($15.53) from Bespoke Uprising is the perfect mix of my clothesline obsession with kitchen decor.
- Anne with an E … The best story EVER and now the prettiest cover. Anne of Green Gables designed by Rifle Paper Co. and published by Puffin in Bloom.
- Camille Wine Glasses from Crate and Barrel ($14.95 each). Hey Scandal fans, recognize these? If they’re good enough for Olivia… well…
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook would be good for the days your are feeling extra vegetarian.
- The Land of Nod Polygon Ornaments ($24.95) These would make your tree POP with colour.
- Design Within Reach Neutra House Numbers in Red ($24.00 each) are fabulous. The colour perks up the front of your house – I have no regrets with this renovation purchase!
- SmartWool Women’s PhD Run Ultra Light Pattern Mini Socks ($15.95) last a long time and are comfortable. SmartBuy.
- The Champion Double Dry Absolute Workout II Sports Bra ($12.99) Is cheap for a sport bra, and when you are not busty, it works just fine.
- Pretty sure every girl has owned a Body Shop pouf at one point in their life. ($3.99).
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer ($36.00) makes a pastey gal feel, well, less pastey.
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Lavender Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner ($3.99). You can get it at Target and it makes your kitchen smell real pretty. I’d be a fool to not mention the pretty packaging to boot.
- Pilot Hi-Tecpoint Rollerball Pens, V5 ($4.91 for 2 pack) The only criticism I have with this pen is despite it’s name, it does not fly well. (ink explosion). It’s my go-to pen when I am on the ground.
- Oh Joy! “Falalalala” Banner for Target ($4.00) is this year’s window banner. Yes, I like a seasonal banner for my front window.
- Toblerone Chocolate ($9.00) Nothing but the best. I’d probably eat chicken again if Swiss Chalet still offered it in their festive meal.
- East Coast Girls Are Hip cards ($16.00 for 8) These cards speak the truth. I love giving them to all my hip ladies on the best coast.
- Glam on Wire Clothespins from Modcloth ($12.99 for 5) are adorable. I would likely use them for something other than hanging out the clothes. Like fridge magnets!
- BKR Momo Heart water bottle ($35.00) I love my BKR even though it broke and I had to replace the glass. It really does make water on-the-go taste fresh.
- I believe this alone will make me eat more veg. World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable ($38.22).
- HotHands Hand Warmers ($44.97 for 50 pair). If I am going to ski this year, I expect these will be my saviour.
- YA book I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson ($15.19). I heard good things about this little gem.
- Just Us! Holiday Blend ($27.60 for 2 lbs.) Unwrap presents with a cup of this in one hand and a mimosa in the other.
- West Elm ikat print bowls ($8.00) are lovely for cereal or serving dips to the guests.
- I love my Anthropologie monogram mug ($8.00) it holds a healthy cup of coffee!
- The Twinery Bakers Twine ($12.00) is always great to have around and an easy way to make anything pretty. Like brown paper packages… tied up with string!
- Montreal Maptote canvas bag ($18.00) I always get asked about my Maptote bag and you can get a bag for cities all over the world!
- The mother of all calendars – The Stendig Oversized Calendar ($35.00). Not sure where I’d put it but I’d consider renovating to make room.
- Axent Knife by X-ACTO ($4.27) is a must have for me. I use my X-ACTO all of the time.
- Homemade pizza parties are the best and I love my baking stone ($24.99) it makes the crust so much better.
- Aveda Shampure Soy Wax Candle ($45.00) is my favourite candle; I just love the smell and it lasts forever. Plus, even when it is not lit, it still gives out a nice scent.
- Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend ($4.99) is my coffee’s sidekick. A drop or two of this goes along way and gives your coffee a little somethin’ somethin’.
- Nightglen Plaid Scarf from Madewell (on sale for $44.50) is festive and likely warm. It makes you wish you had a cabin.
December is right around the corner and I am already fighting the urge to not only talk about all things Christmas. Stay in touch for a few fun posts ahead including David’s Wish List.
*Monique Makes Do is a blog about her year-long experiment of not spending. I am totally in awe that she had the will power to last five days … let alone a few months already. I was hoping her challenge would rub off on me but so far, the thought alone is overwhelming.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Pingback: 10 under 10 stocking stuffers | hello sunshine
Pingback: just curious | hello sunshine
Pingback: gift guide for the guys | hello sunshine