It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- 11 Things That Are Amazing When They’re Good, Terrible When They’re Bad (and read the comments for more!) (Man Repeller)
- Check your crevices! (The Atlantic)
- Have you ever banged cookies? (Food52)
- No matter how much we decry the effects of technology, there’s no going back. But we can get better at detecting what life online does to us and how it could do better. (Scientific America)
- Between 2001 and 2012, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan killed 6,488 U.S. soldiers. In that same span of time, over 10,470 American women were murdered by their partners. Women who followed Laci’s case weren’t ignoring the war abroad, they were paying attention to the war at home. (DAME)
- The saddest part about this is I don’t know who 90% of them are (W)
- This trial is intense, fam! Tons of blurry blood pics. Forensics is terrible at finding their light. I always recco the Leica CL with a compact profile and vintage appeal. Not #sponsored, just a personal fave. AN INFLUENCER REPORTS FOR JURY DUTY (McSweeney’s)
- I love my white jeans. I never wear my white jeans (The Cut)
- A Peculiarly Dutch Summer Rite: Children Let Loose in the Night Woods. Far from the land of helicopter parenting, getting ‘dropped’ in the forest is a beloved scouting tradition. (NYT)
- I can’t say I’m shocked. Is this new news? (Time)
- “Will buying the Fleabag jumpsuit solve my emotional problems AS WELL as making me look bomb?” The only answers she provided were “Yes” and “Absolutely.” (Longreads)
- Saying goodbye with Grace – one of the first blogs I was reading before I knew I was reading a blog (Design*Sponge)
It’s the weekend, I hope it’s dreamy!