It’s day 8 of #whole30november. One week done!
Oh wait, I have 3 more weeks to go…
Here are 10 things I learned so far:
- Obviously, I miss sugar and the mountain of Halloween candy in the kitchen is very tempting but what I miss most is convenience. Everything I eat is an effort. Prep, prep, prep.
- And almost everything tastes bland, watery… unexciting.
- I feel like it’d be more enjoyable if I ate meat. I suck at cooking fish.
- According to the Whole30 website, Paleo baking is “like having sex with your pants on” WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!? It means it’s cheating.
- Dates + eggs 🙌
- My body feels the same. Not better. Not less bloated. I can’t say if I lost weight (because I don’t own a scale).
- My mental state is worse but I also blame November and the time change for this.
- Cauliflower rice and homemade mayo are gross. Spiralizing a sweet potato is hard. And despite what the website says, I am going to drink (and survive on) kale smoothies.
- I have a good support team. Sophie and Theresa are way more optimistic.
- I was able to go to the movie theatre without popcorn and a group breakfast without a breakfast sandwich.
Although it’s yet to be amazing, there are some good things I’ve already gained from this experience like, I am now excited to snack on clementines and veggies. La Croix fills the wine void, my spiralizer and blender are back in the rotation and I am stronger than I imagined at avoiding temptation. I am also stronger in the arms thanks to the spiralizer.
One final thought… I think this Whole30 thing is a bit of a hoax but I am not quitting yet.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg