January : Week 2 : Goodbye, Peach
A wise woman once said, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” – Kelly Clarkson
Here we are, day 15 of #whole30november and I’m bringing in the halftime report:
Good news, I am still alive!
Here are 10 Things I learned/feel this week:
- Eating out sucks. I ate out for the first time and after frantically scanning the menu, I realized 2 poached eggs and the fruit bowl were the only things I could confidently eat (no cooking oil or weird sauces in my body). *Remember, I don’t eat meat and most fish is grilled or battered at restaurants.
- I shifted from thinking less about what I can’t eat and more about what I can. It’s not so bad.
- It’s easier to stick with basics. The fancier I get and the more time I put into cooking, the more disappointed I am.
- I keep panicking that I am going to forget and accidentally eat something on the no-list.
- I have been night-dreaming about failure.
- My body feels/looks the same. What does this mean?
- Still missing carbs the most but I am also thinking a lot about how I want to shift habits in the new year… Run fast. Eat Slow?
- I feel less grumpy and less like a victim than I did during week 1 however, I am also feeling anti-social and lonely. The good news is, I am taking this time to be super-productive at home.
- I’d KILL for a day of no cooking, planning or prepping.
- 1/2 done. That’s legit.
Unless you find me unresponsive, I will likely make it to the end because I am a very stubborn.
That being said, I think this weekend will be a big challenge. On Saturday, we are all running in the Movember Run, David has a lifesaving competition, and I am going to a DANCE Party and then on Sunday, it’s the year-end pizza party for the Youth Running Series… I will need to pack food and avoid temptation! Wish me luck.
Here is the week 1 report. Let me know how you’re doing.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg