Today’s the day to celebrate love and for me, nothing is more lovely than these 10 little things:
- Being the first one up in the morning and drinking a cup of coffee in silence
- Summer days when it’s between 21 – 28 degrees all day and all evening
- Christmas trees and outdoor lights
- Being near water
- Spontaneous plans that actually happen
- Sport montages and dance scenes in movies
- Finish lines and cheering for people – especially kids
- Patio drinks
- Seeing inside someone’s home for the first time
- Listening to a podcast or reading a blog and nodding in agreement because you’re jusssst like them!
Have a lovely day! Treat yourself to a coffee and pick up some of those grocery store tulips, you deserve it!
photo by me, artist unknown (Vancouver)
I would not put Valentine’s Day at the top of my favourite holiday list but I do enjoy red, pink and hearts in small doses. In our house, we do not go crazy with decorations nor do we plan an extravagant date night but, I do enjoy making a heart-themed window banner and designing some Valentines for David’s daycare.
Here’s the plan:
I also did this one as an alternative:
But I think I will go with the Banana because then I can do this:
And, if you are one for buying lovely stuff for your lovely, here is a collection of items I found online. How apropos! xomeg
A. Je t’aime collier de mes rêves* / B. Graphic print in Red / C. A heart chair / D. A HOT and SPICY treat for your hottie / E. I can’t say I like this table, but it fits the occasion perfectly / F. Chocolates are a go-to for the holiday and Junior Mints are the best / G. What says I love you like office supplies? / H. I Love You Mug / I. Forget Valentine’s Day, I will take this TIC TAC table any day! / J. Nelson Marshmallow Sofa under your bottom, yes please / K. A V BALL for V DAY / L. For writing all of those love notes / M. Nothing is more lovely than sending mail / N. 1-800-1LOVYOU / O. In case your love is not permanent, go for a temporary tattoo / P. Blush blush