It is Aimee and Caylum’s wedding in three weeks and to celebrate the bride, we hosted a shower this weekend at my place and I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of the day.
Here is the invitation I made which was sent out by email. We started the day off at the spa getting mani and pedis.Then we went back to the house. The evening was spent with a great group of Aimee’s friends, family and family-to-be.
The baby’s breath will be at the wedding so we filled the house with arrangements.And added some corks because the wedding will be at a vineyard.I made a banner for the shower and wedding venue – plus, it’s a reminder of the hashtag for the event. #caylumlovesaimeeErin made the Barefoot Contessa’s Rossinis as the custom cocktail.And she made three amazing quiche (mushroom and fontana cheese, spinach red pepper and feta, and arugula and bacon)The menu also included
- Hot goat cheese dip and baguettes
- Roasted red pepper dip with pita
- Green salad with lemon dressing
- Brownies (Aimee’s mom’s recipe)
- Feta, mint, water melon and tomato, basil,bocconcini skewers*
- Mini cupcakes came from Layers Cakes in Halifax.
The favour was a bottle of nail polish.And, what is a party these days without a photo booth.Come back later this week for DIY details on how to make the banner and photo booth
* Plus, here is a picture of the skewers – I painted the ends with white and yellow. A very easy project!
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg