For me, the best part of list-making is that I know I will not achieve everything but if I write it down or say it, it’s more likely to happen.
10 things I want to work on (but may not) in 2019
- Swimming: Once I’m in the water, I’m happy as a clam but mygawd it’s hard to get in. I know the benefits, I have a membership to a pool, my kid swims three days a week… I have no excuses.
- Self-acceptance: I’m going to get into this later but it’s something I need to work on. I have ideas, I just need the confidence to believe that I am capable.
- Barre: I fell in love with barre classes a few years ago but haven’t done it in ages. I should. I will. My aching body will thank me.
- Photography: I am planning to take some time this year to learn more skills (lighting, styling, etc.) It’s been an intention for a few years but I need to stop thinking about it and start doing it. (see #2)
- Entertaining: Who says it has to be fancy and involve several courses? I love having people over but it doesn’t happen enough. I’m thinking games nights or simple gatherings. Murder Mystery anyone?
- Hooking or pottery: Two somewhat newish things I discovered that brought me joy. I am not planning to hook 1000 pillows or become a professional potter but I need to focus on stuff like this.
- Cooking: I don’t love cooking because I want to be good at it, and I am not. I want to get more comfortable in the kitchen.
- Personal projects, like a website or whatever this space is: The woes of any self-employed person is they never put the time into their own projects. I need to organize my days better for this.
- Reading: I’m already pretty decent at this, I read a lot and I listen to a lot of audiobooks but I want to make it more of a priority.
- Gratitude: I have a lot of things to be grateful for but sometimes it’s hard to not dwell on the hardships. I need to remind myself of the good stuff. Make simple things more fun!
No pressure, but 2019 is kind of a big deal. It’s the end of a decade, the end of my thirties and I am approaching my #fortybeforeforty deadline with a long list of items to tackle so why not add more and make it fun!
Have a happy new year, make it a good one.