Lets daydream. Way back when we did our renovation, we got our dreamy open-space kitchen/dining/living combo plus a basement (which is still not being used to its full potential). It’s been great and we have no regrets buuuuuut…. we still have big plans for our home.
Let me start by giving you the details. We have four bedrooms upstairs:
- The ‘master’ bedroom: ~9 x 11 feet with no closet
- David’s bedroom: ~10 x 10 with an itty-bitty half closet
- The spare bedroom / our closet room: ~10 x 11 feet with an itty-bitty half closet, a futon, dresser and wardrobe
- My office: ~9 x 10 feet with a cubby closet
The bathroom is also small measuring in at a whopping ~7 x 6 feet
When we added the addition to the main floor we gained an extra 14 x 20 feet and due to architect and contractor mis-calculations, the new space has a flat roof. Although I would have preferred the look of a slopped roof from the outside, the benefit to a flat roof is that it was built like a floor – meaning, we could make it a patio or we could add an upstairs addition without needing to worry about changing the current structure. Easy but still pricy.
And, if we do decide to add an addition upstairs, the plan would be to make a real master bedroom with a closet and ensuite. Imagine that!
- We’d move the window in David’s room to the the other end and add another one on the side of the house. Plus, we’d extend his room by two feet and expand his closet
- We’d put our ensuite next to the current bathroom – making the plumbing all in one spot. I am really liking this layout:
- The front room (without a closet) will become a proper guest room
- A roomy closet would be put in the master bedroom
- A small patio would be built with a door from the master bedoom.
Of course, what’s a renovation without a bit of decor. After all, the only thing that got me through our long (long) ((long!!!)) seven months without a kitchen was the thought of decorating at the end. I’d like to keep things light and white with gold accents including this wallpaper i’ve been eying for a long time. Because I have the upmost appreciate for storage space, I would have a bed and bench with storage space too. I mean really, why not?
A. West Elm Round Capiz Chandelier / B. West Elm Terrace Side Table / C. Hygge & West Oh Joy! Petal Pusher wallpaper in gold / D. Lighthouz Monroe Low Back / E. 100 Layer Cake White Pouf / F. Wayfair Clifton Storage Bench / G. Pottery Barn Classic Single Wide Sink Console / H. Schoolhouse Electric Isaac Plug-in Sconces Brass / I. West Elm Gallery Frames, Gold Leaf / J. West Elm Chevron Wool Shag Rug / K. Anthropologie Luminous Dot Pillow / L. DIY Gold Vase / M. Anthropologie Tassel Trace Pillow / N. West Elm Molded Brass Side Table / O. Room&Board Pixo LED Table Lamp / P. Ikea Fjell Bed with Storage / Q. Ikea Fjell 4-Drawer Chest / R. Garnet Hill Floral Tapestry Nourmak Rug / S. Pottery Barn Vintage Tri-Fold Mirror / T. Anthropologie Spliced Linen Duvet / U. Max Wanger Talum print
Let me know what you think. Do you have any alternative layout ideas? What would you do with more space? As I mentioned, this is all a dream at this point but it’s still fun to think about the possibilities.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg