Today’s the day to celebrate love and for me, nothing is more lovely than these 10 little things:
- Being the first one up in the morning and drinking a cup of coffee in silence
- Summer days when it’s between 21 – 28 degrees all day and all evening
- Christmas trees and outdoor lights
- Being near water
- Spontaneous plans that actually happen
- Sport montages and dance scenes in movies
- Finish lines and cheering for people – especially kids
- Patio drinks
- Seeing inside someone’s home for the first time
- Listening to a podcast or reading a blog and nodding in agreement because you’re jusssst like them!
Have a lovely day! Treat yourself to a coffee and pick up some of those grocery store tulips, you deserve it!
photo by me, artist unknown (Vancouver)
We can all agree that the worst word ever is panty, right? Especially when said by a man. Panty, panties, pantyhose, pantyliner, etc., they’re all terrible words that should not exist. Either wear underwear or wear nothing at all. Do not wear panties.
Here are 10 more words I can’t handle:
- FINE: Fine thanks, you? No one should ever aspire to be fine. It’s like no wall wants to be beige.
- FEBRUARY: Nothing against Pisces, I just think the spelling is problematic. What’s up with that R? Do we need it?
- STEW: Both the noun (I hate chunky soup (also see #10)) and the action. Do not stew on anything, make a damn decision.
- MOIST: I never liked the band because the word makes me uncomfortable. Sorry Erin Mac, I know you were a fan.
- FART: hate hate hate hate hate. Hate.
- BRAIN FART: Is this even related to a FART? Not only does it NOT make sense, but it’s also gross.
- A’INT: He ain’t heavy… he is NOT heavy.
- ARSE: Bums are soft and cushiony which is why the hard ARRRRR in arse doesn’t work for me.
- SPECIFIC: Is there a word more complicated to say on the first try?
- CHOWDER: Especially fish chowder. Creamy + chunky + cut up fish. I just can’t. That said, I put on my big girl panties and tried a bread bowl this winter. It was fine, but I felt like I was going against all of my moral values.
Honorable mention: CBC’s pronunciation of Shhhhedule, Shhhocial Shtudies, etc. Do you think it makes you sound more pretentious? Because it doesn’t.
There are more. So many more, but let’s not stew on this for any longer.
Hello mid-January. How’s everyone doing?
Here are 10 things that are on my mind right now. Feel free to weigh in.
- What’s Bitcoin? Should I take the time to learn or, like Snapchat, should I not bother?
- Should I eat poultry again? I’m liking the idea of a Sunday roasted chicken = weekday sandwiches.
- Prioritizing Rest & Reflection – this was a good listen.
- Wonder. Watch this movie with your kid.
- Bulleting. Seeing this makes me really want to find time to work on my journal!
- Do I need to go to the Black Forest to buy my cuckoo clock or will anywhere in Germany suffice?
- City or country? Sarah has me questioning country life but, that house is seriously bonkers.
- Can I mentally and physically run the Bluenose full marathon? Kilometers 36-39 are in my neighbourhood and that’s just wrong.
- Aziz. Reading about this has been hard. What do you think? (this and this)
- What will be my February goal? January is +10,000 steps a day.
Illustration by Evgenia Makarova
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg