We can all agree that the worst word ever is panty, right? Especially when said by a man. Panty, panties, pantyhose, pantyliner, etc., they’re all terrible words that should not exist. Either wear underwear or wear nothing at all. Do not wear panties.
Here are 10 more words I can’t handle:
- FINE: Fine thanks, you? No one should ever aspire to be fine. It’s like no wall wants to be beige.
- FEBRUARY: Nothing against Pisces, I just think the spelling is problematic. What’s up with that R? Do we need it?
- STEW: Both the noun (I hate chunky soup (also see #10)) and the action. Do not stew on anything, make a damn decision.
- MOIST: I never liked the band because the word makes me uncomfortable. Sorry Erin Mac, I know you were a fan.
- FART: hate hate hate hate hate. Hate.
- BRAIN FART: Is this even related to a FART? Not only does it NOT make sense, but it’s also gross.
- A’INT: He ain’t heavy… he is NOT heavy.
- ARSE: Bums are soft and cushiony which is why the hard ARRRRR in arse doesn’t work for me.
- SPECIFIC: Is there a word more complicated to say on the first try?
- CHOWDER: Especially fish chowder. Creamy + chunky + cut up fish. I just can’t. That said, I put on my big girl panties and tried a bread bowl this winter. It was fine, but I felt like I was going against all of my moral values.
Honorable mention: CBC’s pronunciation of Shhhhedule, Shhhocial Shtudies, etc. Do you think it makes you sound more pretentious? Because it doesn’t.
There are more. So many more, but let’s not stew on this for any longer.
Hello, August. Just a quick check-in – How is everyone’s summer going?
Things are moving along nicely with my 100 Days of Summer: Let’s Do it list but, it has not totally been smooth sailing (I have yet to go sailing, by the way).Here’s a quick 10-things update:
- All of my on-going items are well on track (17, 36, 71, 78, 79, 91)
- I got a not completed in 2016/2017 item done! (4)
- Seeking recommendations for a silk blouse that’s nice and not too expensive (16)
- Seeking someone with a sailboat (95). There’s a good chance the person with the sailboat also has excellent taste in silk blouses, so it’s likely a win-win for me.
- I did start designing my 2019 calendars but my hard drive crashed so now I need to restart (7) womp, womp
- The weather has been amazing. Yay!
- As are my family and friends who’ve been helping me get things checked off the list
- Marathon training is a pain in the butt for me because I actually pulled a butt muscle (57)
- 50/100 are completed!
- You can follow along on my Instagram (#100daysofsummer)
Good luck and …
it’s not over yet!
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg
In the final decade of his life, my grandfather woke up every single day at 7AM, picked a fresh wildflower on his morning walk, and took it to my grandmother. One morning, I decided to go with him to see her. And as he placed the flower on her gravestone, he looked up at me and said, “I just wish I had picked her a fresh flower every morning when she was alive. She really would have loved that.” – 10 Regrets Too Many People Will Have in 10 Years
Sorry friends, that was heavy.
We all have regrets. Some are big. Some are crushing. Here are ten of mine:
10 things I regret
- Not picking a “thing” to always seek out on holiday like pottery or a Christmas tree ornament. I have a nice collection of tea towels but the inconsistency kills me.
- Dropping out of sports after back surgery. I wasn’t heading to the Olympics in anything but I quit swimming, ringette and paddling. Although I picked up running in my late 20s, I wish I had the credentials to be an overaged lifeguard this summer.
- Not waiting tables. Although Ben & Jerry’s was the best.job.ever. I should have waited tables. It sounds cooler than retired sandwich artist.
- Not listening to more stories from my grandparents before they passed away. Luckily, we’re still getting some good ones from Nanny. David is at a great age for inquiring about things like war and the Halifax Explosion so he’s always curious.
- Not patening my highschool invention: the PeanutButter Machine. Basically, it was a baggie filled peanut butter for on-the-go snacking. Damn you, Justin.
- Not doing more school. I got into the PR program at MSVU but didn’t go, I choose to start a career instead. It’s working out great.
- Not having a wedding cake… actually, it would have been pies. I love pies.
- Not asking Santa for the Sony Walkman with the radio. I bet I’d know more music lyrics from the 80s had I made a better choice.
- David’s first year. I didn’t have maternity leave and tried to continue freelancing. I was a mess, David was a mess, it was rough.
- Naming my computers MacDaddy and DaddyMac. When I send PDF to clients, MacDaddy is my name and I am too lazy to fix it. Guys, it’s not really a regret, who doesn’t like Kriss Kross? I just wanted an excuse to post this… For all y’all suckers that don’t know, check it out:
But, despite what you may think, I do NOT regret choosing team Milli Vanilli over team NKOTB. I stand by some life choices.
To clarify, I grew up on a street with six girls the same age… we legit had an epic fight over Mili Vanilli and NKOTB. Looking back, I’m not sure why we couldn’t like both – it had to be one or the other. Kids are weird.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg
Do you have a Doppelgänger?
I am not one of those who gets mistaken for someone famous but sure Mike is. And often! So, I thought it’d be fun to share the Top 10 Mike look-alikes:
- James Reimer (hockey player): On more than a few occasions Mike has been mistaken for James Reimer. Not sure why Reimer would be shopping at a local sporting goods store or running in the Bluenose Marathon but, I’ll take his NHL pay cheque.
- Marc Kennedy (Canadian curler): My mom thinks they’re practically twins…
- Michael Rapaport (Beautiful Girls): Not the accent, maybe the hair? Definitely the hair. PS. If you haven’t watched Beautiful Girls, what’s your problem?
- John Krasinski (The Office): John-Jim has come up more than once and I can see it. I’d happily be mistaken for Emily Blunt but I don’t think that will happen.
- John Petersik (Young House Love): I think it’s because they have the same hoodie (see below). Mike also used to do a lot of work around the house. Perhaps if I say it more often, our basement will miraculously get finished.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine): There are similar features… Right?
- Kevin Connolly (Eric from Entourage): This was what came up in a celebrity look-alike generator. I think Eric is shorter and has a larger entourage. I also think that app was crap, I had to keep watching commercials to get coins.
- Prince Harry: This is Mike’s pick. Let him have it.
- The Coca-Cola Bear: His friend’s sister thought this way back in Junior High School days, and I know we can all totally see it. (Side note, in high school, someone said I looked like the Trix Bunny and I still haven’t recovered – still won’t go near that stuff.)
- Ben Affleck: Mike was asked if he was Ben Affleck at a beer tent in Pugwash. The woman who made this assumption had likely been hanging out at the beer tent for several hours, if not days. Mike spent the rest of the afternoon declaring “Ben Affleck wants a beer!”
Let me know if you agree or disagree or have someone else to add.psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg