I’ve been asked if there’s a fall list, and usually, I’m quick to say HECK NO because I hate Fall! But this year, as I enter my dark season, I decided to create a list of 24 things that will hopefully keep my spirits up until May 24. So, rather than thinking of one-and-done items, I am seeking adventures and daily habits that will make the days feel less gloomy despite the weather.
Let me know if you want to join me for some moderate fun.
- Learn to make Karen’s famous rolls with the expert herself
- Start up my TreadTalk club. Membership is open.
- Go to more movies in the theatre
- Visit Polly’s Cove (I already went once)
- Make butter tarts
- Host an outdoor pizza party
- Make focaccia bread
- (Re)watch Cameron Crowe’s movies
- Train for a spring race
- More yoga, more strength training
- Try snowboarding (again)
- Take more intentional photos
- Make more soup
- Attend a Sips and Dips party
- Jump in cold water
- Make calendars, update my website and take more photos
- Clean out the basement
- Go to the spa
- Finally finish the hooking project I started five years ago.
- Read some more Chief Inspector Gamache books by Louise Penny.
- Go on our annual Christmas Light Run.
- Paint the stuff that needs painting and sew the stuff that needs sewing.
- Go to a play or concert
- Go to Dear Friend with dear friends