It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- I asked for an audiobook recommendation and what I got from Amanda was the best book I have read, ever. Know My Name by Chanel Miller stopped me in my tracks while running, forcing me to catch my breath and had me screaming internally. (The Guardian)
- And, Here’s The Powerful Letter The Stanford Victim Read To Her Attacker (BuzzFeed)
…To girls everywhere, I am with you. On nights when you feel alone, I am with you. When people doubt you or dismiss you, I am with you. I fought every day for you. So never stop fighting, I believe you. As the author, Anne Lamott once wrote, “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.”
- The Great Green Wall
- The Made For Love trailer featuring Ray Romano’s rendition of Beyoncé’s “Crazy in Love” – I’m in.
- Elliot Page Is Ready for This Moment (Time)
- Alexander Calder’s Archive Goes Online: Explore 1400 Works of Art by the Modernist Sculptor (Open Culture)
- Getting to the Bottom of the Runner’s High – For years we’ve been crediting endorphins, but it’s really about the endocannabinoid. (NYT via Jenna)
- How important are your pals? (The Guardian)
- Chasing Childhood: Overprotected and over directed, American children are wilting under the weight of well-meaning