It’s Friday’s online finds: read on.
- “While some may prefer to be overcareful, we may prefer to be under-careful,… It’s about being free and finding yourself. If a child falls from a tree and breaks an arm, that might not be ideal, but it can serve a larger purpose.“ A children’s program featuring naked adults might be taking the Danish approach to the extreme, she admitted. But the Danish way of dealing with easing children’s anxieties over body issues is “to expose them” to naked bodies. (NYT)
- Are Your Texts Passive-Aggressive? The Answer May Lie In Your Punctuation – I often type “k” when asked to do something, which makes my co-worker uncomfortable – I mean no harm (NPR) *Shout out to Binghamton
- Maya Gabeira got whipped into an absolute mind-blowingly large wave at Nazaré, setting the Guinness Record for the largest wave ever surfed by a woman at 73.5 ft (YouTube)
- Math Problems for Fall, 2020: This 8:30 a.m. class has twenty-four students. Yesterday, twelve of you were still asleep when class began. Five of you minimized the Zoom call so that you could play Animal Crossing. One of you joined the call and then obviously fell back asleep. What percentage of the class noticed that I was still in my pyjamas and also drinking wine? (The New Yorker)
- WHO is offering a free Basic microbiology course if you’re interested.
- I love eating out. (NYT)
- Maybe if I tried hard in the kitchen, things would not feel so grim (Love and Lemons)
- How To Be At Home (NFB via Amanda)
Until we meet again, xo
(image) > *warning this Instagram feed may force you to like Autumn*