It’s Friday’s online finds: Grab a drink and dig in.
- The Brown Bookcase is an independently owned bookstore founded by NINE-YEAR-OLD Rylei, who’s goal is to bring more diversity to children and YA readers. At nine, I was playing with Barbies and begging my parents for cable TV.
- Speaking of bookstores, does Canada have something like the Bookshop?
- And speaking of Canada, does the 15% pledge apply to Sephora Canada? (Glamour)
- Do you know what a duvet is? The answer may surprise you (EHD)
- A face mask or horror movie prop? (swissmiss)
- Did the quarantine change you? (Vox)
Americans are(the WORLD is) pretending that the pandemic is over. It certainly is not. (The Atlantic)
- Each one of these names was somebody’s baby (Baby Names)
- Lainey speaks: What Happened to Sasha Exeter
- My friend Alie is killing it with good pod episodes. The latest being Neuroendocrinology (SEX & GENDER) with Daniel Pfau.
- And in the episode, they mention the Gender Nation Glossary which I linked to a few years ago. It’s always good to keep educating yourself.
- IKEA Invites You to Bee-come Architects to Support Local Ecosystems (Design Milk)
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger… WAS ALL A LIE! (Cambridge)
- I want to watch this
- and this (image below from Latonya Yvette)
- What Happens to All the Un-Hugged Hugs? (The New Yorker)
- City Enters Phase 4 Of Pretending Coronavirus Over (The Onion)
- This broke my heart. I hope they got an A.
- Are you keeping score on your odds? (Mother.ly)
Until we meet again, xo
Ps. Summer is almost here, how’s everyone’s bucket list coming along?
(image: He wears short shorts: why are men showing more leg?)