It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- The 4-Second Workout (NYT)
- Bono writes fan mail and one of the songs happens to be on my list of top-5 songs ever. Any guesses which one?
- Now I want an air fryer (A Beautiful Mess)
- This fun hack kept David amused for a solid 5 minutes (Bored Panda)
- Nightmares. Tantrums. Regressions. Grief. Violent outbursts. Exaggerated fear of strangers. Even suicidal thoughts. In response to a call on social media, parents across the country shared with NPR that the mental health of their young children appears to be suffering as the weeks of lockdown drag on.
- And, It’s Not Children’s Education We Should Worry About, It’s Their Mental Health (Forbes via Erin)
- Practical “Dadvice” for everyday tasks (YouTube)
- And, IKEA’s quarantine campaign illustrates six ways to make furniture forts (Design Boom)
- Why I don’t feel safe wearing a face mask. I’m a Black man living in this world. I want to stay alive, but I also want to stay alive. (Boston Globe)
- Women’s determination to be seen, to be heard, to matter, is greeted with puzzlement, exasperation, and anger. (Bitch Media)
- Mrs. America Season 1 Trailer
- Prepare to drool at this one, this one and this one (and more)
- Berkeley Will Fully Close Its Streets to Create Giant Outdoor Dining Rooms (Eater)
- Ha ha, I am sixteen (BuzzFeed)
- Do you have a quarantine bucket list? I don’t. (The House That Lars Built)
- But I do have a 100 Days Of Summer 2020 bucket list!
Until we meet again, xo
(image via Amanda: On Saturday, May 23, Fogo Island and Change Islands residents are invited to celebrate our annual Quilt Day! It’s time to air out all those gorgeous quilts after a long winter of cozying up in them and “decorate” our islands with a cacophony of colours and patterns. #fogoislandquiltday)