It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- While not all of the victims in this mass shooting were women, all of the victims were victims of misogynist violence. We want to make it clear that misogyny — the hatred of women — affects all of us. Male violence: “A pandemic in its own right” (Halifax Examiner)
- I have never tried mango pie but sure want to now! (girl vs dough)
- If you don’t think this is smart design then you’re lying to yourself (Umbra)
- The jig is up — Earthworms aren’t the soil heroes you imagine (Gazette)
- Humans of New York are always a good reminder of what other’s are going through
- I Tried the Peanut Butter Bread That Reddit Is Obsessed With (and It’s Worth the Hype)(Kitchn)
And what about that pandemic:
- 14 Ways The Coronavirus Pandemic May Change How We Travel In The Future *for me, it will be not travelling with anyone I currently live with, haha* (BuzzFeed)
- EMAILS FROM MY CHILDREN’S SCHOOL BEFORE 8:00 AM DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS (McSweeney’s)
- Why is no one talking about how unsustainable this is for working parents? As this “temporary” situation threatens to drag on for months and parents are losing steam, I’m wondering why the government hasn’t come up with a plan. (Today’s Parent – via Amanda)
- And this. I’d love to give up but I worry about the set-back. I see it every summer and adding three more months seems very troublesome. I may lose my mind — oh wait, I already have. I may curl up in a ball and cry daily – oh wait, I already do. But I am not going to allow him to sit back and watch crap YouTube all day. A morning of Fight and Learn then YouTube is how we will manage.
- No, I did not come up with Fight and Learn, but could there be a better alternative name for homeschooling:
Until we meet again, xo