It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- Access to menstrual products is a right! Period. Bravo Scotland. (NPR)
- How our solo homes became cocoons—The idea of making a home into a place for others, as opposed to one’s self, is falling out of style (curbed)
- I went to a nice store I’d never been inside before and I tried something on. The clerk asked me what the occasion was. I found out from Facebook that my ex-boyfriend was dating Lady Gaga, I told her, and she looked me up and down. “Huh,” she said. “Really?” Yes. The dress was too expensive, but I bought it anyway. Why should I accept less than Lady Gaga?—My Ex-Boyfriend’s New Girlfriend Is Lady Gaga (NYT)
- I’m a fan of the author above who’s ex-boyfriend’s new girlfriend is Lady Gago, I’ve read a lot of her other articles in The New York Times including I Am 35 and Running Faster Than I Ever Thought Possible (NYT)
- Whoa! Stop everything, did y’all know there’s a savoury version of a cinnamon roll? Get in my belly ASAP. (Candid Appetite)
- Here’s when you should (and shouldn’t) trust your gut (Fast Company)
- What aspects of my life are having the most positive/negative affect on my work?—What aspects of my work are having the most positive/negative affect on my life? (Medium)
- 5 Very Smart Ways to Use Frozen Hash Browns (Bon Appetit) and Tator Tots are the perfect party appetizer! (A Cup of Jo)
- All you need is a good idea and then execute. Old camper trailers are big business (thanks Kristin)(Tinker Tin)
- How ultrarunners are pushing the human body beyond all limits (Wired)
- What Happened to the Company That Raised Minimum Wage to $70k/yr? As it turns out, things are going pretty damn well (Kottke)
- This one will definitely be in season 2 of Modern Love: Life Isn’t Like the Movies (Even if You Write the Movies)—A director of romantic comedies finds herself attending weddings with her ex-husband. Who wrote this script? (Modern Love NYT)
- Hang on, we’re going for a deep dive: After posting this recipe a few weeks ago, my friend recommended I try the Internet-Famous Chickpea Stew. I actually just bought Alison Roman’s cookbook (Nothing Fancy) because that’s totally my style of cooking. I discovered her from a podcast episode (gee thanks, just bought it!) and now think we all need a Matfer Bourgeat Nylon Dough Scraper
- And if you’re wondering who the heck is Alson Roman, she’s the one breaking the internet apparently (Vox)
- And here’s the stew (thanks Malcolm)
- Don’t bother asking me if I’ve watched Love is Blind because the answer is no.
- The Kids in the Hall to Return to Amazon With New Episodes (VOX)
I don’t understand the obsession with this love is blind. I’ve not watched it either. Thanks for sharing.