It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- Why we should aim to read better, not more (AnOther)
- Oh, so this is what I am supposed to do with the flaxseed I bought… (Bustle)
- She realized that dinner parties were a seemingly casual way to invite boys you might be interested in over so you could talk to them without a beer pong paddle in hand… What’s your reason? Why hosting a monthly dinner party is a great new year resolution! (The Dinner Party Resolution)
- “… it’s weird to be so open with a stranger. It’s like you’re acting vulnerable, but not actually being vulnerable with someone you don’t know and don’t care very much about. It’s not a problem for me. It’s just — odd. Odd, and not even really fun.” (NYT)
- From Nova to Bodhi—the top baby names of the decade (Mother)
- When life gives you winter, make lemonade (Joy The Baker)
- Perhaps this is a good alternative to my on-going pursuit of finding the perfect black cardigan (Cupcakes & Cashmere)
- I can also confidently say that if you’re not soaking in your own filth, even just occasionally, you’re missing out. Baths Are the Coffee of the Evening and More People Should Take Them. (Man Repeller)
- Taste Atlas for the foodies on the go
- The Meat-Lover’s Guide to Eating Less Meat (NYT) and a handy chart for roasting veg (NYTCooking)
- “I’d love to get them into my office.” A Couples Therapist Analyzes the Marriage in Marriage Story (The Atlantic)
- Where to watch all 53 of the 2020 Oscar-nominated films. (Mashable) PS. As of today, I’ve watched 28.5/53 (my Instagram MOVIE highlights)
- With that being said, a lot of the documentaries and shorts are available to stream for free and they are so good! These three really stood out for me (so far): For Sama, Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (If You’re a Girl) and Nefta Football Club
It’s the weekend, you’ve reached your destination.
(Photograph by Beuford Smith via here)