It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- Her treatment has proved what many of us have always known: No matter how beautiful you are, whom you marry, what palaces you occupy, charities you support, how faithful you are, how much money you accumulate or what good deeds you perform, in this society racism will still follow you. (NYT)
- ‘Like sending bees to war’: the deadly truth behind your almond-milk obsession (The Guardian)
- I’ve been loving oat milk in my smoothies and granola these days (CBC)
- Gen X Women Get Less Sleep Than Any Other Generation. What’s Keeping Them Up? (TIME)
- “I think I’m having a midlife crisis” (Rambling Renovators)
- #16: Dogs Have The Biggest Heart Relative To Their Body… Obviously! (Bored Panda)
- Hair Love, one of the Oscar-nominated animated short films is on YouTube. I suggest you give yourself seven minutes to watch it.
- These make lovely travel albums (Chatbooks)
- Can the Fitness Industry and Body Positivity Coexist? (medium)
- Canada is a big country. We have big hearts but a small population. Nearly everyone killed was an immigrant. But nobody’s talking about that. Our headlines focus on the fact that they were Canadians, with deep roots here, who touched countless lives. The way it should be. (Twitter)
- Hah! So true. I am still recovering. (The Cut)
- “You should only wear one ‘nice’ piece of clothing at a time… Otherwise it’s too much. Too dressed,” Larry David says. “You have to be half-dressed. That’s my fashion theory, since you asked: Half Is More.” (Man Repeller)
- Seasonal Depression Can Occur Any Time of Year (Life Hacker)
- This one is for you, fellow design nerds (Paper Sizes)
- This one is for you, fellow word nerds: “The ignorance and laziness present in modern times have won!” (The Washington Post)
- This one is for you, my running besties (Yoga with Adriene)
- This one is for you, my Dry January friends: How Do I Make Plans Without ‘Getting a Drink’? (The Cut)
Have a swell weekend. We are past halfway through January – I’ll drink to that!