Heck. Yes. I am happy to close the book on twenty nineteen. It’s been the highest of highs and lowest of lows so with that, let’s look back one last time. I started the year with 10 things I want to work on (but may not) in 2019
- Swimming: Although I did not go in the pool much at all, I did swim in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans, lakes, rivers and even under a waterfall.
- Self-acceptance: I’m not the fastest, I’m not well put together, I’m not out-going but I do keep chugging along and am okay with that.
- Barre: A solid B effort. I have been going to a studio down the street and am excited to make it a weekly thing now that the holidays are over.
- Photography: I am trying to find time to read and learn about photography and I took at least one photo every week: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
- Entertaining: Failed.
- Hooking or pottery: I started a hooking project that’s almost done (need more road trips in my life).
- Cooking: If it’s possible to get worse rather than better at something, then mission accomplished! We totally fell off the cooking train last year and need to either fix this or invest in a Quiznos franchise.
- Personal projects, like a website or whatever this space is: I updated my website and I sold a few calendars at Inkwell this year!
- Reading: Most proud of this one—David and I finally finished the Harry Potter series, I am on the last book of the Twilight series and have read/ listened to 15 other books. I also read a ton of article online thanks to my weekly meanwhile, elsewhere posts.
- Gratitude: I know I’m lucky and very privileged. Even when stuff feels hard—and boy did it ever this year—I had the best support and I am so grateful for that.
Here are the top 10 most viewed posts:
- calendar time
- 10 reasons why I can’t believe we’re related
- david: version 10.0
- 10 things I miss most about having a dog
- 40 things i know
- without filters (Hawaii)
- week 02
- week 01
- was that actually fun?
- SUMMER starts nowish (year six!)
Here’s what our family got up to this year:
Photo: Sunset in Maui