It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- Motherhood in advertising – You Should Definitely Breastfeed, But I Would Rather Not Have to See It. (Medium)
- The False Promise of Morning Routines (The Atlantic)
- Instagram is broken. It also broke us. Influencers and regular users are reckoning with what Instagram has done to them. Now Instagram wants us to love it again. (VOX)
- I don’t hate cooking. I hate grocery shopping. (HBR)
- Easiest Lasagna Recipe Ever! (Design Mom)
- Easiest Fudge Recipe Ever! (A Beautiful Mess)
- Rest in peace, gentle men. (Kottke)
- Dude With Sign (Laughing Squid)
- Digging the Jiggy Puzzles (Jiggy)
- First, there was Dry-January and now there’s Veganuary – can we all agree January should not be this hard (SF)
- Holiday reading: 25 Modern Love Essays to Read if You Want to Laugh, Cringe and Cry – To celebrate the column’s 15th anniversary, and the new series on Amazon Prime Video, we pulled together some greatest hits. (NYT)
- Drunk shopping could be a $45bn /year industry, and only 6% of people regret their drunk purchases PLUS 51 more fun facts from 2019 [very entertaining!] (Medium)
- “I could do that” … things you should NEVER!!! say at an art museum: Overheard at Moma (NYT)
- More winter strategies for the weary (A Cup of Jo)
It’s the weekend! It’s the holidays! Merry Christmas to all and to all good luck.