It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- Classic Blue is the colour of the year y’all. I approve. (Design Milk)
- The best-selling cookbook of 2018 is “the Nickelback of the cookbook world” (Kitchn)
- Turning your head to make a left while driving and 15 more surprising ways to injure yourself when you’re over 40 (McSweeney’s)
- The best office holiday party date story of all time (Ask a Manager)
- How to Break Up with Your Bad Habits (Harvard Business School)
- This podcast has been making me laugh
- Heads up dudes, if you’re going to slap a reporter’s butt on LIVE TV, maybe you should not wear a bib with a race number whilst doing so… TWITTER WILL FIND YOU. Until then, I hope you tripped and broke your stupid nose, you terrible, terrible man. (Twitter)
- Christmas Tree Porn – is that really wrong to say… But come on, this is HOT (The House That Lars Built)
- So many thoughts about this… If you don’t want to make holiday cards, don’t. I didn’t this year. I did make a holiday letter and have no guilt over-exploiting the festive cheer. I don’t do everything and that’s okay with me. If it’s not okay with you, bah humbug! Holiday Magic Is Made By Women. And It’s Killing Us. The emotional labor women do this time of year threatens our mental health. (Huffington Post)
- I fricking loved Free Willy. I hope this happens in Nova Scotia! (Halifax Today)
- Two friends from Mexico developed a synthetic leather made from cactus and good news, it’s not prickly! (Modern Farmer)
- After Misty Comes Marie: Breaking Barriers in ‘The Nutcracker’ (NYT)
- This would be a great recipe for my father-in-law to make me (A Beautiful Mess)
- Woman asks Twitter for ‘the best thing you learned at therapy’ and the responses are life-changing (Up Worthy)
Yippee ki–yay … it’s the weekend! Spread joy!