It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- A new crop of restaurants is embracing family-style, communal eating, creating a necessary spirit of communication and collaboration for our fractious times. This feels less like a restaurant than a dinner party — and that’s the point. Across the United States, restaurants are subverting the traditional power dynamic between chefs and diners, refocusing the meal not on what’s eaten but how (NYT)
- Living with Dyslexia in the Nova Scotia public school system – screaming on the inside (Maritime Noon)
- E.T. and Elliott reunite – crying on the inside (COS)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Jumpsuit / have you ever bought clothes on Amazon? (Strategist)
- THE BEST HOLIDAY MUSIC LIBRARY EVER (The Lazy Genious Collective)
- Speaking of music, I have been dreading the day my little Apple Shuffle dies. I use it to listen to audiobooks while running and it’s the reason why I still have wire headphones… but, check this mighty thing out! I am very intrigued! (Mighty)
- Pure joy in the land of Instagram. Like this and this. (NYT Cooking Comments)
- Baltimore Museum Of Art Will Buy Works By Women Only Next Year (NPR)
- The 50 Best Nonfiction Books of the Past 25 Years (Slate)
- And loving this book lamp! (SuckUK)
- I need to practice (Taste Of Home)
- I have no problem with Dirty Blondes from Dartmouth (CBC)
- And I also have no problem with Montreal Bagels! (NYT – thanks Mat)
- Come for the British royals, stay for the hats (Elle)
- More on changing the narrative of winter: Sometime this fall — using a combination of Stoicism, stubbornness, and a sort of magical thinking that Jason-in-his-30s would have dismissed as woo-woo bullshit — I decided that because I live in Vermont, there is nothing I can do about it being winter, so it was unhelpful for me to be upset about it. I stopped complaining about it getting cold and dark, I stopped dreading the arrival of snow. I told myself that I just wasn’t going to feel like I felt in the summer and that’s ok (Kottke) — And here’s my cousin’s post in case you missed it!
- Infidelity, Netflix Style (A Cup Of Jo)
Relax, it’s the weekend!
Also, it’s NOT too late to order your calendar, they’re going to print on Tuesday – all the information can be found here. Please consider helping very good local cause. Thanks!