It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- GIRL: I Changed My Body for My Sport. No Girl Should. (NYT)
- BOY: The key to letting boys actually be boys? See them as the emotional beings they are. (The Washington Post)
- GIRL: Why should words like happy and likable and popular be seen as synonymous with mean when we’re talking about girls? We treat a girl’s confidence as a sign that something unjust or poisonous is lurking just below the surface. (Ask Molly)
- BOYS & GIRLS: Math Looks The Same In The Brains Of Boys And Girls, Study Finds (NPR)
- What Happens When Birds Get Drunk? And what you can do to help. (Audubon)
- ‘You ain’t shit ’cause your good at sports. You ain’t shit ’cause you’re popular. You’re gonna be a good person. You’re gonna be kind. And you’re gonna do the right thing. You’re gonna stand up for yourself, always. You’re gonna stand up for each other, always. And you’re damn sure going to stand up for other people. Always.’ (Glamour)
- 120,000 Ribbons Float Above Former Berlin Wall to Mark 30 Years Since the Peaceful Revolution (My Modern Met)
- I’ve struggled with whether to allow my daughter to engage in the odd farce of curating an online image at such a young age, but I’m hesitant to ban her from relatively safe activities I know I would’ve loved as a teenager. (The Cut)
- Who Says You Need a Bed Frame? Eight chic ways to style your mattress on the floor. (Domino)
- If Seeing the World Helps Ruin It, Should We Stay Home? In the age of global warming, traveling — by plane, boat or car — is a fraught choice. And yet the world beckons. (NYT)
- The New Motorola Razr Is Proof That a Smart Flip Phone Can Be Cool as Hell. Forget the “2006 just called” jokes. This phone is legitimately worth your attention. *I loved my Razr!* (Esquire)
- I’m so inflexible! And there’s a human stranger lying on top of me! Stretch Is The New Massage (Into The Gloss)
It’s the weekend, game on!
Also, it’s NOT too late to order your calendar – all the information can be found here. Thanks!