It’s Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- We understand, gentlemen. Fatherhood will not domesticate you. We understand, ladies. You are a fertile moon goddess. Let’s have a gender-reveal party that reveals gender is a construct (The Washington Post)
- Having a Sister Is Beneficial To Your Mental Health *no comment (The Hearty Soul)
- On the topic of siblings, this made me laugh (Bored Panda)
- Having kids has a spectacular way of both increasing the amount of cooking required of you and reducing the chance that what you’re cooking is the thing you wanted to eat. Family Meal Planning for Real Life (Parenting NYT)
- 100 Days of Sunsets (Poppytalk)
- This college dropout was bedridden for 11 years. Then he invented a surgery and cured himself (CNN)
- It is now easy enough to engage women’s skepticism toward ads and magazine covers, images produced by professionals. It is harder for us to suspect images produced by our peers, and nearly impossible to get us to suspect the images we produce of ourselves, for our own pleasure and benefit. Athleisure, barre and kale: the tyranny of the ideal woman (The Guardian)
- Tools to Help Japanese Schoolchildren Find Balance: Unicycles (NYT)
- Portable Bidets. Yup. (Design Milk)
- The news causes stress; stress causes wrinkles; wrinkles cause more stress, which causes insomnia, which causes three iced coffees, which causes plastic straws, which cause climate change. That’s right. I watched the news and made climate change happen. I’m sorry. Want to Change the World? Talk to Kids (Glamour)
- In this article, I’d like to make a simple argument (backed with lots of shitty images I created in MS Paint): that when it comes to productivity, things are not what they seem. How To Be More Productive by Working Less (Mark Manson)
- If we are being honest, self-care is actually kind of boring. Self-Care Is Not An Indulgence. It’s A Discipline. (Forbes)
- If everyone is politely nodding along now, assume that it’s because they’ve permanently labelled you the office fool who always makes bad decisions…Things to do during your karaoke songs too long instrumental interlude (The New Yorker)
It’s the weekend, happy sailing!