Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- The Planner community is an analog version of the “hustle porn”… People who take their to-do lists too seriously. (Money)
- The Epic, 8-Layer Breakfast Sandwich (food52)
- Why Is Everyone Suddenly ‘So Poor Right Now?’ (Elle)
- How I Conquer Existential Dread By Meal Planning for My Family (Bon Appetit)
- I work in the environmental movement. I don’t care if you recycle. (VOX)
- Today’s parents think they lack the time or skill to throw dinner parties. They’re missing out. (Washington Post)
- A Breakthrough in the Mystery of Why Women Get So Many Autoimmune Diseases. Evolution might have played a trick on women’s immune systems… “Ideas are cheap. It’s data which is hard to get.” In other words, sure, the pregnancy-compensation hypothesis is an interesting idea, but it still has to be tested. (The Atlantic)
- It seems not even sobriety will be saved from enjoying a made-for-Instagram moment, with new hashtaggable terms like “mindful drinking” and “sober curious.” (NYT)
- 10-year-old Colorado girl ‘overwhelmed’ after Yosemite climb (AP)
- Strawberry summer sheet cake (Smitten Kitchen)
- I’m more or less eating a mediocre house salad served inside of a giant loaf of bread. I have so many feelings on this. On Subway. On the veggie delight. Subway got me through University… it an healthyish kind of way (VICE)
- And since I am on vacation right now… How to Take a Relaxing Vacation Without Stressing About Work (TIME)
It’s the weekend, find an adventure!