Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- Why You Should Start Celebrating Your ‘Near Wins’ (Shine)
- “Getting pregnant is the kiss of death for a female athlete,” Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- It May Not Be a Bad Thing Fewer U.S. Babies Were Born in 2018 Than in Any Year Since 1986 (Times)
- 44 percent of Bob Ross’s paintings contain at least one “happy little cloud.” 116 Amazing Facts for People Who Like Amazing Facts (Mental Floss)
- Banana Coconut Muffins. Yes please. (Cookie+Kate)
- Can I use the soy sauce in my Airbnb fridge? For what, your coffee? Massage oil? Get freaky, you’re on vacation, Susan! Plus more food etiquette (Bon Appetite)
- We froze the salaries of 20 executives – and it improved the lives of 500 employees (The Guardian)
- Was it because the movie Dolphin Tale was really really sad or was it likely a combination of oxygen deprivation, dehydration, and stress that made me cry like a baby? (Popular Science)
- If we’re going to talk about those murders, we should be talking about the women who were murdered and stop using them as plot devices to glorify evil men (Crime Reads)
- Ten Books That Will Help You Escape Reality This Summer (Bloomberg)
- Dreamy (Found Color)
It’s the weekend, game on!