Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- All I want for Christmas is a pale rose/dark ochre fried egg (Warm Nordic)
- … Or maybe a giant remote-controlled flying shark… it’s on sale (Valna)
- The Best Audiobooks of All Time (My Domaine) I have read four and listened to three!
- How the baby boomers — not millennials — screwed America (VOX)
- America Is Blaming Pregnant Women for Their Own Deaths (NYT) – follow-up: A Mother’s Right to Life (NYT)
- I’m going to try this (Design Mom)
- You’re lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but a clear blue sky above you / You’re lying in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room / You say “don’t think, don’t think, don’t think” to yourself over and over for about 10 seconds. (Independent)
- Stepping back from the edge: My mom’s suicide changed everything. Here’s how I found hope again. (USA Today)
- On a Sunday, no one should be forced to pretend they feel anything other than exhaustion, or deep Monday-related dread. (The Cut)
- Been there, done that, got the picture (but not a selfie) (Star)
Have a great weekend.
I listen to audio books anytime I am alone in the car so thanks for that list. The only one I’ve listened to is “I’ll be Gone in the Dark” which is interesting in itself as the killer has only recently been identified. I have many other favourites, however, including “East of Eden” and the “Good Mothers”.