Friday’s online finds: Cozy up and dig in.
- Dear Younger Me: Lauren Fleshman (MileSplit USA)
- Not great news (NYT) and this too (NYT)
- And even more bad news: The banana is dying. The race is on to reinvent it before it’s too late. The world’s most popular fruit is facing extinction, and scientists are racing to use gene-editing to save it. (Wired)
- BUT GOOD NEWS for one of banana’s friends (Time)
- The title of the article made me laugh, then it made me wonder if I’ve reached the age of her target audience? (NYT)
- Every year I think THIS WILL BE THE YEAR I nail the costume… yet to happen but the Beetlejuice couple is inspiring (Hither & Thither)
- I’d love this job, maybe (The New Yorker)
- They’re just like chewy sugar cookies, with brown sugar. They’re also just like chocolate chip cookies, without chocolate chips. Wrap your brain around those deep depth thoughts (Joy The Baker)
- Part of my thinks I could do this, the other part of me knows I have a serious addiction to athletic wear (Young House Love)
- This strange, broken font is designed to help you remember what you read (CBC)
- By far the biggest predictor of whether something gets done is whether it’s fun to do. The secret of productivity is simple: just do what you enjoy (The Guardian)
- This obituary is great (Delaware Online)
HaaAaaAAaaahAAHahhhAAaahhAAahhAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!: APPROPRIATE MOMENTS TO RESPOND WITH LADY GAGA’S GUTTURAL HOWL FROM THE SONG “SHALLOW” (McSweeney’s)
Happy weekend! I’m cold.