Fall is not my thing. That said, my motto is: accept and proceed; buy hand warmers and adapt.
A few people have asked what’s on my Fall must-do list and I’m quick to say nothing because I am still mourning Summer but my friend Sophie requested we try and make the most of the season. And try I shall. Here’s her list which I am going to work through… even the pumpkin stuff.
Sophie’s Fall Bucket List
- Drink a Fall Seasonal Drink (unironically)
- Wear a tartan skirt with a turtleneck
- Watch the sunrise
- Hike in the Adirondacks = Hike
- Go apple picking
- Wear a beret
- Watch Meghan’s must-see movies: Dirty Dancing and Pump Up the Volume (This is basically me threatening Sophie – I can’t believe she hasn’t watched Dirty Dancing!)
- Make butter tarts
- Create a Halloween costume
- Walk in Central Park while the leaves are changing = Any park will do
- Drink mulled wine or a hot apple cider (like an actual one, not powder)
- Weekly fall manicure = I am aiming for 1 fall manicure
- Drink 2L of water per day (that’s a lot!)
- Write letters
- Wear stylish outfits for one week straight
- Cook egg-bites (or go to Starbucks)
- Go to a trivia night with friends
- Build a cornucopia
- Visit with an old friend
- Go to high tea = or just tea, we don’t need to be fancy.
- Visit a museum exhibit
- Stroll ALL of Mount-Royal = stroll around the neighbourhood, visit stores I pass by and never go in.
- Cook and eat Coddled Eggs
- Stoke a fire
*modified for people outside of Montreal and who will not be visiting New York City any time soon.(image)