We can all agree that the worst word ever is panty, right? Especially when said by a man. Panty, panties, pantyhose, pantyliner, etc., they’re all terrible words that should not exist. Either wear underwear or wear nothing at all. Do not wear panties.
Here are 10 more words I can’t handle:
- FINE: Fine thanks, you? No one should ever aspire to be fine. It’s like no wall wants to be beige.
- FEBRUARY: Nothing against Pisces, I just think the spelling is problematic. What’s up with that R? Do we need it?
- STEW: Both the noun (I hate chunky soup (also see #10)) and the action. Do not stew on anything, make a damn decision.
- MOIST: I never liked the band because the word makes me uncomfortable. Sorry Erin Mac, I know you were a fan.
- FART: hate hate hate hate hate. Hate.
- BRAIN FART: Is this even related to a FART? Not only does it NOT make sense, but it’s also gross.
- A’INT: He ain’t heavy… he is NOT heavy.
- ARSE: Bums are soft and cushiony which is why the hard ARRRRR in arse doesn’t work for me.
- SPECIFIC: Is there a word more complicated to say on the first try?
- CHOWDER: Especially fish chowder. Creamy + chunky + cut up fish. I just can’t. That said, I put on my big girl panties and tried a bread bowl this winter. It was fine, but I felt like I was going against all of my moral values.
Honorable mention: CBC’s pronunciation of Shhhhedule, Shhhocial Shtudies, etc. Do you think it makes you sound more pretentious? Because it doesn’t.
There are more. So many more, but let’s not stew on this for any longer.