So this is embarrassing.
Are you too one of those people who hasn’t bothered to figure things out… We’re not talking evolution or rocket science, more like how does a thermos know what to do (hot/cold)?
Let’s take a minute to think about the 10 things we really don’t get. Here are mine:
- Stem cells. What the heck are these and what’s the research all about?
- Amazon. I am all about online shopping but I really don’t understand Amazon. Why are my coffee filters $50? Why is shipping so much? The prices are all over the place and don’t even get me started on Prime.
- Are the fiddle and violin the same thing? Growing up on the East Coast makes me think they’re totally different instruments – you play a fiddle in the kitchen and the violin is played in a concert hall. BUT ARE THEY THE SAME THING!!?!?
- Algebra. Have I done this? High school was foggy. I have no clue what algerbra is but it sounds hard.
- Everything to do with banking and taxes. Everything.
- Action movies. Just me, or is the plot always complicated. Please don’t ask me to summarize Deadpool, The Matrix or Mad Max.
- The fax machine. Of all the technology, it’s the coolest. Right? HOW DOES IT WORK! Don’t even get me started on how stressful printers are – everytime I press command+P I say a little prayer that things will work out.
- Grammar (not specific to English): I blame French immersion for this one but really it’s my own fault that I’ve gone this far without a solid understanding of sentence structure. Also, when do you say learnt, ever?
- The Cloud. Does anyone understand the cloud? Where the heck are all my photos?
- Nutrition. For the amount of running I do, you’d think I’d figure out if I’m getting enough protein (I’m not) and what’s a carbohydrate? I am pretty sure it’s not just bread. Should I eat chicken or am I doing okay?
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg