Do you have a Doppelgänger?
I am not one of those who gets mistaken for someone famous but sure Mike is. And often! So, I thought it’d be fun to share the Top 10 Mike look-alikes:
- James Reimer (hockey player): On more than a few occasions Mike has been mistaken for James Reimer. Not sure why Reimer would be shopping at a local sporting goods store or running in the Bluenose Marathon but, I’ll take his NHL pay cheque.
- Marc Kennedy (Canadian curler): My mom thinks they’re practically twins…
- Michael Rapaport (Beautiful Girls): Not the accent, maybe the hair? Definitely the hair. PS. If you haven’t watched Beautiful Girls, what’s your problem?
- John Krasinski (The Office): John-Jim has come up more than once and I can see it. I’d happily be mistaken for Emily Blunt but I don’t think that will happen.
- John Petersik (Young House Love): I think it’s because they have the same hoodie (see below). Mike also used to do a lot of work around the house. Perhaps if I say it more often, our basement will miraculously get finished.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine): There are similar features… Right?
- Kevin Connolly (Eric from Entourage): This was what came up in a celebrity look-alike generator. I think Eric is shorter and has a larger entourage. I also think that app was crap, I had to keep watching commercials to get coins.
- Prince Harry: This is Mike’s pick. Let him have it.
- The Coca-Cola Bear: His friend’s sister thought this way back in Junior High School days, and I know we can all totally see it. (Side note, in high school, someone said I looked like the Trix Bunny and I still haven’t recovered – still won’t go near that stuff.)
- Ben Affleck: Mike was asked if he was Ben Affleck at a beer tent in Pugwash. The woman who made this assumption had likely been hanging out at the beer tent for several hours, if not days. Mike spent the rest of the afternoon declaring “Ben Affleck wants a beer!”