Last week I shared with you my 10 favourite podcasts, and now I’m going to tell you about my favourite blogs. Guys, I’m all over the place. I probably subscribe to 100+ blogs which I check daily on Bloglovin’. I scroll through the titles like a teenager on Instagram only stopping to read a few full posts each day. Below are the top ten I am most likely to open and read.
- Shutterbean Food. Photography. Pretty Things.
I like that she lives near San Franciso, she’s really into design, photography and cooking + she has only one child who’s close in age to David.
- A Cup of Jo A daily women’s lifestyle site founded by Joanna Goddard that covers style, design, culture, food, travel, relationships, and parenting.
Joanna and her girls always deliver. No matter what they’re saying, I am reading + the reader comments on this site are ace.
- Minimalist Baker Here we share plant-based recipes requiring 10 ingredients or less, 1 bowl, or 30 minutes or less to prepare. All eaters are welcome.
It’s actually her photography that keeps me coming back. I am sure the recipes are great, but I want to take her online photography class the most.
- Design Mom Design Mom helps women across the globe stay well-informed, to manage their home life and their work life gracefully, to learn new things daily.
Even though I follow her sister and her sister-in-law, this one is my favourite. I’m not Mormon, and I do not have a ton of kids, but she seems like a good mom + the living with kids posts are excellent.
- swissmiss Tina Roth Eisenberg’s personal visual archive
If I couldn’t be Canadian, I’d be Swiss. Love the quick and frequent posts. Always a lot of great content gems + she owns Tattly Temporary Tattoos
- Carrots ‘N’ Cake Helping Everyday People Experience Healthy Living.
One of the sporty blogs that have kept true to its content. So often, I’ll be really into a blog, and then they have a baby or something, and the focus shifts. I am not here to read about your baby; I am here to read about your last race.
- Dinner: A Love Story It all begins at the family table.
Jenny wrote a book on How to Celebrate Everything. I like that. She’s funny and keeps things real + she seems to be friends with Joanna from A Cup of Jo, so that’s cool.
- Design*Sponge Design*Sponge focuses on the creative community, with the goal of making the art and design world personal
The GOLD STAR of design blogs. For those who love peeking inside people’s homes, this one is for you + they’re so great at publishing articles about women, diversity and inclusion in design. Bravo!
- The Lazy Genius Collective Be a genius about the things that matter and lazy about the things that don’t.
She got me with her bracket lists + she’s really good at giffing
- Joy The Baker Sweet treats. Savory indulgences. Approachable recipes and good-life inspiration!
She wrote a book about brunch. Enough said. Always good content, a lovely New Orleans flare + she links to some heavy but good links on Friday.
Other’s worth mentioning.
Local flavour: Love, Kate Bray; Girl Goes Running, The Hummingbird and Heather’s Handmade Life
More design: Design Milk, Oh So Beautiful Paper, Design Crush, Hither & Thither
More food: Smitten Kitchen, Cookie + Kate, My Name is Yeh
More fitness: Hungry Runner Girl, Running on Veggies, We Are Eaton
Plus, Lainey Gossip – the first blog, which I read before I knew I was even reading a blog.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg