Last week I listed the 10 things I just can’t get behind… I know, it was harsh and not all of you agreed but that’s okay, we’re still friends, right? Since then, I still have not gone on a cruise or bought a minivan so my opinions rest, however, you’ll be happy to know there are
10 things I was not loving… but now I am
- Harry Potter > Whoa! Starting off big. I read the first book years ago and my feelings were meh… I didn’t bother with the movies either but when our basement flooded and insurance gave us a cheque to replace a pile of damaged books, I bought the full series for David. We’ve been making our way through them and we’re both big fans. #teamGryffindor
- Side splits > Split ends… celebrity splits… there’s nothing good about splits but then I discovered the mid-century side split floor plan.
- Candles > When you turn 35, it’s mandatory to burn scented candles and invest in diffusers.
- Black and (NAVY) Blue > I’m talking colour combinations here. I know people will want to fight about this but I am in love.
- Green smoothies > People talk and talk about how amazing green smoothies are and I was like gross. I love spinach but the thought of a green smoothie made me queasy. Despite my apprehension, I gave it a go and it turns out they’re great. So good that I am interested in getting one of those single-smoothie-making-machines. Any recommendations?
- The Office > Have you seen it? I am very picky with comedy. Don’t push me – let me ease in and discover it for myself which is why I was hesitant. Thanks Sophie for making me take the leap.
- Florida > Jodie and Tim talked us into joining them on holiday on Anna Maria Island a few years ago and I honestly thought it was going to be like a cruise ship but on an island instead of a boat… Flordia is for people who are either older than 60 or younger than 10… but oh how wrong I was! We’ve gone back once more and I frequently dream of moving to the cul de sac next to Courteney Cox and Busy Philipps – Cougar Town life is for me.
- SUP boards and downhill skiing > I am definitely not okay with rollerblading and basketball shorts but SUP boarding is fun and skiing isn’t that bad.
- Olives > You love them or hate them. I now love them all.
- Black Coffee > Since 1994, I’ve gone from medium double-double to black. I salute the Chemex for this bold move.
See, I am not a terrible person. I can change. What about you? I need to know what you love and hate.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg