I’ve been itching to make a few cosmetics tweaks to our front entry but have held off for five years because the hooks I’ve been eyeing are bold and beautiful but pricy!
Which one do you like? Can you spot the one I’ve dreamt about? Can you guess which one swooped in and stole the spotlight? We will get to that but first,
It’s a little awkward because in this small space there is a huge window + the exterior door + the door leading inside + an odd little old window that looks into the powder room (I know, weird). So what I’m thinking is:
- Keep the print and bench where they’re at
- Line up the hooks on the wall with the odd window and interior door
- Swap out the baskets for something nicer
- Add a mirror
- Touch up the paint
- Replace the boot trays
Here’s what’s staying:
- Wall paint – Benjamin Moore Newburyport Blue
- L.L.Bean Waterhog Doormat
- Ikea Sigurd Bench (discontinued)
- Wayne Thiebaud, Three Wind Toys print
Here’s what’s going/coming:
Coat rack (discontinued) Baskets(I want to find nicer versions – like this) Shoe mats(I want to bring cohesion to the boot trays because we have 2 different trays and one is cracked)
- Mirror (like this or even smaller is fine)
We bought the coat rack in Montreal when our condo was about to go on the market – a little self-staging. Mike hates it so much that he refuses to hang his jackets on it and my gripe is purely self-inflicted – I can not control the amount of bulge it accumulates. It must go.
As mentioned above, there is one I’ve been eying for five years (below, left) but the problems is I want 3 of them side-by-side and that would be $600 US. I know. Crazy-stupid-love. I thought I’d never find another so I just accepted my fate and convinced my self that people should not judge my house by its entry – it’s what’s inside that counts (or something like that) until I landed on the Schoolhouse’s website and… SHUT THE FRONT DOOR… I found this beauty (below, right)! I think we can all agree it’s amazing. I still want three (eeek! maybe four) but at $80 each, that’s a third of the price so I feel really good about that. Plus hello yellow, you’ll look fabulous on my blue walls.
In the end, I hope this small change makes a big difference.
1. Crate&Barrel – Leigh Wall Mounted Coat Rack / 2. Anthropologie – Cayden Hook Rack / 3. Jpegs – Wooden Hooks / 4. Urban Outfitters – Mid-Century Modern Wall Hook / 5. Pottery Barn – Wooden Coat Hooks / 6. Design Within Reach – Eames Hang-It-All / 7. Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co. – Mollie Hook / 8. MOMA Store – Hello Coat Rack / 9. Design Within Reach – Coatrack Dots, Set of 5 / 10. Anthropologie – Le Bistro Coat Rack / 11. Jonathan Alder – Brass Finger Coat Hook / 12. Ikea – Hemnes Hat Rack / 13. Room&Board – Crew Modern Triple Wall Hooks / 14. Restoration Hardware – Coat Rack Bench / 15. CB2 – Journey Coat Rack
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg