Winter is here. And with it comes the start of ski season.
To make the cold weather more bearable, I’ve recruited a new ski bunny to join me on the slopes and she asked me to make her a list of what to wear on and off the hill when we go away for a week in March.
The thing with skiing in the Maritimes is the weather is very unpredictable and usually pretty wet. Our winters are windy with high precipitation and it gets cold! Not a dry cold like other parts of Canada but an under-your-skin damp cold.
Fun right? Not always, which is why if you’re going to face this climate, you best be prepared and bundle up.
I’ve had the same ski jacket for more than ten years so I’m on the hunt for something which will keep me warm but look good and I have been eying the winter jackets from Fjällräven Canada.
I love wearing a light padded jacket with a shell on the slopes. The shell keeps the wind away and I stay toasty with the padded jacket underneath. If the sun comes out and the day warms up, off goes a layer! The Iceland Anorak is a great choice for every day wear – plus, I love the side zips and the big front pocket.
So with my new jackets picked, here are my On The Slopes and Après Ski essentials for our ski holiday:
- Fjällräven : Women’s Keb Eco-Shell Jacket
- Fjällräven : Women’s Keb Padded Jacket
- Burton : Women’s anon. Insight Goggles
- Smith : Women’s Holt Helmet
- Helly Hansen : Women’s Warm Freeze 1/2 Zip
- Helly Hansen : Women’s Warm Pant
- Smart Wool : PhD Slopestyle Medium Wenke Socks
- Fjällräven : Gear Duffel
- Smart Wool : Women’s Isto Sport Sweater
- The North Face : Women’s Sally Pants
- Fjällräven : Keb Fleece Balaclava
- Burton : Women’s GORE-TEX Mitt + Gore warm technology
- Fjällräven : Women’s Iceland Anorak
- Oakley : Women’s Forehand Sunglasses
- Lululemon : Women’s Studio Pant III (Lined)
- Fjällräven : Kiruna Beanie
- Fjällräven: Totepack No. 1
- Sorel : Women’s Out N About Leather Duck Boot
- Towsen : Après Ski Sweater
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg
Love it, I can’t wait to make my packing list 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lets hope for lots of snow but lots of sun!