I haven’t written a 5 Things post in a long time. Why not? 5 Things going on these days…
- David had a big week – the Halifax Hurricanes came to his school and he made the front page of the Halifax Citizen (kind of – thanks Lindsay!). Click here. He also got new glasses (note: if you don’t want your child to choose the camouflage glasses, don’t let him see them… once he had, nothing could change his mind).
- Those who know me, know I love Kraft Dinner. Call is nostalgia… or just call it what it is, deliciously good. I came across this recipe for homemade “boxed” mac & cheese and had to give it a try. Guys, it is actually good and took the same amount of time as the boxed! I used GoGo Quinoa Macaroni from Costco, which my friend Nancy introduced me to. Next time I am going to try it will regular macaroni so I can see how if really is as good as the real deal. Want the recipe? Click here
- Mike and I are six months short of our tenth anniversary, which means it’s the period in your marriage when all the stuff you got as wedding gifts start to break (blender and backup blender in one week!) Not great timing since I challenged myself to a smoothie-a-day in February.
- David and I signed up for the Bluenose. He’s doing the 4km run for his 4th time and I am running the half marathon. PSA: the price goes up on March 1st. Anyone else running the half? It will be my fifth time (or more?). I am also looking at fall marathon ideas… I’ll keep you posted. PS. I am selling an old Garmin. Interested?
- So the old saying “The grass is always greener…” is true! I had to make a ‘quick’ business call to California for a quote and ended up on the phone with the owner for 4o minutes. Turns out Nova Scotia and the Celtic Colours is at the top of his travel bucket list. He lives 40 minutes south of Lake Tahoe. Obviously I blabbed about my love for his state and all the places I’ve been. He was impressed. He also appreciated all the tourist tips for the East Coast. Why did we not discuss a house-swap?