The next time I contemplate starting a bad show on Netflix, I am going to check out the stats. Not the ratings… but how much time I will waste watching it. This website is addictive, depressing and amazing.
Here are five of the top contenders for most time I’ve waisted on a bad show:
Pretty Little Liars: After 5 days and 11 hours (6 seasons!) I still don’t know who A is!!!
Hart of Dixie: 2 days, 5 hours and 12 minutes lead to the worst series finale ever (not counting Roseanne). Not even Wade’s abs could save that ending.
Heartland: Doing my part to support Canadian drama but seriously, how much can one family go through? I saw a lot of drama and horses over 5 days and 20 hours.
Psych: 3 days, 14 hours and 43 minutes but I knew at 22 minutes in, that it was going to be bad. Really bad. I kept watching.
and probably the worst of them all – Army Wives: 4 days and 21 hours of total crap. A lot of bad things happened to the Heartland family but they have nothing on what went down at the army base!
* * *
As for great shows, it’s hard to make a list of my all-time favourites (because there has been so many good ones) but these come to mind as time not waisted:
- Friday Night Lights
- Six Feet Under
- My So-Called Life
- Dawson’s Creek
- Gilmore Girls
- The O.C.
- Veronica Mars
- Sex and The City / Entourage (same thing, amiright?)
- 90210 (the original, obviously) and Gossip Girl!
- Degrassi (the original, obviously)
- Scandal (and its original, Felicity)
- Mad Men
- Roseanne (minus the last episode)
- Golden Girls
- Dexter (but only the first few seasons)
- Breaking Bad (a bit of a roller coaster but the ending was the best)
- Downton Abbey (it was late to join the party but I love it)
- Amazing Race (don’t judge, it’s the only reality show I watch)
- Project Runway (see above, I lied, I watch this too)
- Bloodline and Nashville (I will support anything with Coach Taylor and Tami Taylor)
- Criminal Minds / Law and Order SVU (aka the shows that will never end)
- Sons of Anarchy
- The Mindy Project
- Homeland… The Walking Dead… House of Cards… The Good Wife (loosing my interest but I will stick with them)
- The Following / The Killing / The Fall (I watched these back to back, all good but I think of them as one show)
- Prison Break / Orange is the New Black
- Cougar Town
- About a Boy
- Three’s Company
- Fresh Price of Bel Air
How about you? Any bad shows your regret staying the course with? Or am I the only one who’ll suffer ’till the end? Any recommendations for shows I should watch?
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg
I blame you for army wives! yes, it is good. actually we both really enjoy the show but I think I am on team-mike
do you watch Suits? Where does it fit in? I could stare at Harvey Spector all day