I hope everyone is feeling good this morning. Happy New Year. Happy 2015!
great awesome but it’s now 2015 and despite it being an uneven number, I am optimistic… True to form, why not start the year with some resolutions because that’s what we do, right?
First, lets review how I did in 2014. The full post is here, but I’ll recap…
- Don’t say JUST. (Yes, I worked on this and even corrected other when they did it to themselves because everyone loves a know it all)
- Exercise. (Yes, I still go to Cyclone twice a week and run almost daily. I did a few half marathons, joined a Cabot Trail Relay team, won a women’s 10km race and finished a marathon)
- Keep busy. (For the most part, yes. 2014 was the most challenging freelance year, and I am still struggling, but I kept up with blogging despite what often feels like lack of interest/readership)
- Eat good, cook good. (see 2015)
- See friends. (Better, but not great… We are trying to host more, I started a book club and have barre class date nights)
- Dates with David/Mike. (Yes)
- Embrace winter (Yes, we skated at the Oval and I bought skis! Now, if only we can get some snow I can actually ski!!!)
- Travel. We must visit our family in England so I am adding this to my list of resolutions. (England, YES! Belgium, YES! New England, YES! Montreal, YES!)
- Drink more water. (Yes, see)
- Touch base. Friends, family. Pizza Fridays should start up for real this time. (see 2015)
I also had a bonus… about giving stuff up. I choose FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS. Hum? I dropped the ball on this one. I thought I gave up potato chips, which for the most part I avoided, but I do not recall writing this. I don’t eat much fast food but I know I discovered the A&W veggie burger in 2014. I also went to Quiznos. Probably Harvey’s… and ordered the veg sandwich from Salvatore’s A LOT! My bad.
* * *
So what do I want for 2015? I came up with an idea at the eleventh hour. Rather than eliminate something and/or commit to something for a full year (because that is a long time), why not eliminate and add something each month. For example, this is what I came up with quickly:
January: Eliminate: French fries. Commit: 3 minutes of plank daily.
February: Eliminate: Chocolate. Commit: Send 3 letters a week.
I think this could be fun plus my 10-UP Resolution List for 2015 is:
- Exercise: Train for another half or full marathon?? Try new classes??
- Join a group: Right now I am thinking of joining Centre for Women in Business. Anyone want to join with me?
- Cook more / experiment more. We are in a food rut so I got this book for Mike. I am also going to get back into writing out a meal planning calendar. It works for us when we actually stick to it.
- Pizza nights will start! Details to come.
- Keep up with the blogging. Or quit blogging. Figure out if this is all worth it.
- Travel. Family fun in the sun. Maybe a ski trip?
- Swim. Haha I say this but am already doubtful.
- Cut back on online shopping / impulsive spending. Paypal is not always a pal.
- Read more decent stuff, less facebooking and way less iPhoning.
- Have a plan… make plans. Stay on top of things, stay on top of seeing friends. Go places. Always have a training plan. If they don’t call you. Call them. If they don’t make plans, make them yourself!
So that’s it. I wish you all a happy and healthy new year. May 2015 be full of fun and great adventures. Thanks for reading along and if I do decide to keep this going, thanks for your support.
Photo taken with my Nikon in Pugwash, summer 2014.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg