Have you heard about the ice bucket challenge?
I will admit, I was really hoping to avoid this. Stay under the radar but throw my kid in front of the camera, after all, it is for a good cause. And for some reason, I can’t get enough of these videos. Good or bad amateur or pro, they all make me laugh.
Anyway… as the challenge appears to be tapering off… I got nominated by my sister-in-law Rachel (and to be fair, I kind of asked for it. It was my uncle who nominated my dad who nominated my son who nominated his cousin who nominated his mom (Rachel).).
But, since I already made a donation to ALS.ca, I decided to donate to another cause which does not get as much attention: Choroideremia
The CHM Ice Bucker Challenge – Freeze Blindness
I’ve chosen CHM because a friend of mine has Choroideremia, which does not just effect himself but his whole family. And speaking of his family…
I need to pay-it-forward and nominate someone(s) else.
Sarah Overmars I nominate YOU!
and to my mom, Theresa Rushton … who has made me do things I didn’t want to do, I nominate you too.
Good Luck, you have 24hrs.
A few things about the video I need to mention … since I am not redoing it
- I really do hate the camera… can you tell?
- I also really hate being cold and caterpillars.
- I did it in my tub because the kids at the at-home-daycare were in the backyard next doorish and I didn’t want to be a bad influence.
- The information I speak about is above the video, not below. Oops.
- I still call my best friend by her maiden name … which I stumbled through. Stage fright. Overmars, you know who I am talkin’ about.
- I put the ice in the bucket about 20 minutes before I shot the video just to cool the water down. I also did 50 push-ups while I waited to warm myself up.
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg