The third wedding shower post this week is all about the banner.
When we (the Bride and one of her bridesmaids) visited the venue in March, I noticed there was a great place to hang a banner along the beam that separates the raised platform from the rest of the pavilion. The head table will be up on the platform with the Bride and Groom at centre stage so I thought it be fun to hang a lovely message over their heads: CAYLUM LOVES AIMEE. And, to make things easy for the guests, it will be the official hashtag of the event. #caylumlovesaimee
<My mom says what? A hashtag for an event is a basically a method of linking common communication through social media. If you want to post a remark or photo of the big day on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. use the selected hashtag so you can share your stuff with fellow wedding guests and their network.>
Anyway… back to the banner.
Aimee and Caylum’s wedding is at a vineyard so imagine gold, cream, champagne, corks, burlap, barrels and wine. With this in mind, I decided to go with a burlap backing and printed letters on top. Here are the steps:
- First, I found a roll of burlap at Michaels
- I cut the burlap into 4 x 5 inch squares
- I printed and cut each letter to fit individually on a burlap square
- I rounded the corners of each letter with a rounded paper cutter
- I used Mod Podge to glue the letters to the burlap
- With a small hole punch, I punched the top corners of each letter
- And finally, I weaved twine through the holes and separated the letters appropriately
psst. If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe and share. xomeg