Whoa! Major mom-moment… I registered David for school yesterday. As I stood in the principal’s office, I wonder what his educational future will bring … and don’t doubt, it will likely involve a few time-outs.
Here is what’s going on in his almost-5-year-old life.
- Swimming is going really well – he can swim the length of the pool on his front and back. Jump into the deep end and is learning how to duck-dive under water.
- Soccer is improving – he’s fast but has little concept of the game. He will take the ball from everyone, especially teammates.
- He broke a personal best for lap count at his first and only skate at the Oval this year.
- Lego, puzzles, boardgames and transformers.
- Books – I am happy to report he loves books. He got his first library card and now we’re learning about the Titanic (his choice).
- Sharing is caring but sharing is hard.
- Like a dog, he like sticks, snow and rolling around.
- TV. and crappy food, although he does eat carrot sticks dipped in mustard.
- French – he took a Saturday morning class and mastered the song ‘bonjour mes amis, bonjour’.
- Friends – he has a great group of friends at school and in the neighbourhood.
- He plans his birthday party almost everyday.
- Currently, he wants to be a marine biologist when he gets bigger.
- He is working on a nickname for himself – Gummi is what he likes to be called right now.
- He measures age by height. The taller you are, the older you are. (People assume he is older because he is tall.)
- Even though he is growing like a weed, he has never out grown a pair of pants. They alway get holes in the knees first!
- He has a black eye because he fell into a chair while wrestling stuffed animals in French class.
- He made this collage at preschool and my heart melted. “Mom, this is for you, I got the pictures from a magazine, I know you love magazines”.
Psst. Here is what I am reading right now.