Mother’s Day is coming up and I just spent a weekend with my mom so she’s top on my list right now. We survived our annual 24hr eco endurance challenge – basically a long trek through the woods relying on a compass and map. A little stiff, a little scratched up and a lot tired makes for quality mother-daughter bonding. I laughed, because during the adventure, I mentioned that my friend’s mom was in town visiting and they were spending the day shopping… completely opposite of what we were doing!
In celebration of my mom, here is a list of 10 things that make her extra special to me.
- My mom loves being outdoors and I thank her for ingraining that in me.
- My mom and dad surprised me by driving to Philadelphia (from Nova Scotia) to see my first marathon. My mom even trained a bit so she could jump in a support me along the route. I am positive that I wouldn’t of finished it without her.
- My mom taught me the importance of being a strong woman.
- My mom was there for the birth of my child and stayed by my side the whole time.
- My mom makes the best scrambled eggs. She’s also the champion mac and cheese chef and always cooks amazing meals when we visit.
- My mom threw me in the car and dragged me (crying and screaming) to Concordia University because she knew it was the right place for me. I wanted to stay home and go to school with my friends but my mom knew I had to break away and study something I loved.
- My mom and dad are super-supportive. They are generous and giving and often forget we are grown adults and don’t need to be spoiled by them!
- My mom never favours one of her three daughters over the others but shows her love for each of us in different ways.
- My mom showed me the importance of working hard and doing something that I love.
- My mom is awesome and I have her mom to thank for that.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the awesome moms out there. –xo-meg